Conditional Admission allows academically qualified students to be accepted to the university after they study at the American Language Program (ALP), Cal State Fullerton's Intensive English program and meet the university's English language requirement. (TOEFL/IELTS)
What are the Conditions?
- Meeting academic qualifications. Choose "What type of Student are you?" to learn about specific academic requirements. Applicants should have above average academic standing.
- Enroll in the American Language Program and pass the intermediate level of ALP with a "C" or higher
- Submit the required TOEFL or IELTS score (see below)
- Letter of recommendation from ALP
English Proficiency Requirements
Bachelor's / Undergraduate
|Type of Test
|TOEFL, paper test
|TOEFL, internet-based test (iBT)
Masters / Graduate
|Masters / Graduate applicants
||550 or 80 Internet-based test (iBT)
||560 or 83 iBT
||570 or 88-89 iBT
||573 or 89 iBT, 26 iBT Speaking
Undergraduate Study/Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS)
Conditional admission is available for all undergraduate degrees except Nursing. View the entire list of undergraduate degrees.
Note: CSU Fullerton does not accept second bachelor's degree applicants witih the exception to Nursing
Graduate Study (Masters)
Conditional admission is offered for master's degrees in the following areas: Art, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Economics, Educational Administration and Leadership, Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical), Computer Science, Environmental Science, Gerontology, Linguistics, Mathematics, Music, Sociology, and TESOL.
How to Apply
- Print and complete both the ALP application (which includes sponsor information) and the appropriate CSUF application: undergraduate or graduate. Do not apply online. You must print and complete.
- Be sure to sign the applications. Make a copy of the applications for yourself and send the originals.
- Pay the USD $125.00 ALP non-refundable application fee by check or money order made payable to CSUF-UEE.
- Pay the USD $55.00 CSUF non-refundable application fee by check or money order made payable to Cal State Fullerton. Please send two separate checks.
- Send original transcripts (grades) from the high school or university you attended as well as the diploma with a certified English translation.
- Send an original bank letter on bank stationery or a letter from your sponsor or scholarship organization written on their stationery showing a minimum balance of $33,000.
- Send a photocopy of the inside page of your passport with your photo and personal information.
- Students applying for a Master's degree must also send:
- 3 letters of recommendation by professors or employers.
- An essay stating the purpose of their study. Some departments may require a portfolio, audition, or other information.